You can apply for a disabled parking card (GPK) if you cannot walk more than 6 meters at a time for more than 100 months. There are 1 types of cards that you can apply for. You can request a GPK online or make an appointment at the Social Square.
What do you need to know
- You cannot walk more than 6 meters at a time for more than 100 months
- Aids such as a cane or crutches do not help
- A medical examination is required to apply for a GPK. The municipality will arrange this for you
Types of disabled parking cards
- Driver card (B): For people who drive themselves. The card is in your name. You can use the card in any car
- Passenger card (P): For people who ride with someone. The card is in your name. You can use the card in any car. You always need the driver's help to travel door to door
- Combination of driver and passenger card
- Institution card (I): Only a healthcare institution can apply for an institution card
Use disabled parking card
- In general disabled parking spaces
- With a GPK you can park for free for 3 hours. Also in a place where you normally have to pay or are not allowed to park. You must use a parking disc in these places:
- Paid parking
- In the event of a parking ban if there is no general disabled parking space available
- On a residential area outside the indicated parking spaces
- Outside the parking spaces in an area where parking is prohibited
- Along a broken yellow stripe. Note that a solid yellow line is a stopping prohibition. Parking along this line is always prohibited
- When parking, only use the original parking ticket and not a copy
The disabled parking card is valid for a maximum of 5 years. The parking ticket is valid in all Member States of the European Union.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Social Square.
What do you have to do
- You can use the Apply for GPK online† You need your DigiD for this
Request at the counter
If you do not want to apply for the permit online, you can go to the Social Square counter. You create a Appointment.
Take to appointment
- Valid ID. Note: no driver's license
- A passport photo less than 1 year old (please put your name and date of birth on the back of the photo)
What does it cost
You also pay these costs if you do not receive the GPK or if you stop the application.